February 21, 2005


I still remember the day the Lj's pointed the Jesthetic girl out to us. While appearing in this billboard to display super powers which she channels through her arm pit, she is actually only using some wonderful Jesthetic product which produces a delightful scent. I wish my Old Spice Anti-perspirant could display such incredible power. Anyway, that's one of many signs we can enjoy while we're hopping around town. However, this super-powered Jesthetic sign inspired me to throw a question out to all of you-if you could create your own super power, with the exception of the super-powered arm pit displayed above (sorry Jon, I know you really had your heart set on that one), what would you create? Just wondering who could create the most interesting one? Get those creative juices flowing.

4 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

Well, it is definitely tempting to go with flying - but that's a little too obvious. I think, in honor of The Flash (one of my all-time favorites), I would have to go with superspeed. Not just 8oo-mile an hour super-speed, but the kind of super-speed that Superman used when he flew around the earth fast enough to reverse its rotation and go back in time.

Since our culture is such a slave to the clock, then I think control over time would be nice. Plus, the Flash could vibrate his molecules at super-speed and pass his molecules through doors, etc. I'm not sure if that is scientifically accurate, but as long as we're wishing...

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Rusty and Rachel said...

Well said Andrew. I think we could also use your superspeed on our Single A Basketball reunion tour. You could be the Flash of fastbreaks. Chris Walker already seems to have the ability of Ben Stiller's character in Mystery Men-he could get really angry and hit things to little effect. Love you Chris. Dave's lanky figure already predisposes him the super-powered elasticity-like the guy from Fantastic Four, which I think I saw a movie preview for.

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger Peter Rice said...

I have this thing I disocovered called The Force. You've never heard of it before since I discovered it, but it allows me to move things and sometimes to predict the future and chop peoples heads off and do cool stuff like that. Also, I always wind up with incredibly beautiful women, and The Force probably helps with that. See, I can just suggest things to people, and they believe it. Like "I'm super-cool. You have to date me." Or like when I told you I discovered The Force, when I really just learned about from this guy named George... But I DID discover The Force, and you will let me borrow your IPOD...

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Rusty and Rachel said...

Sorry Peter. I'm afraid the IPod belongs to an even greater Force, a force to be reckoned with-Rachel. Sadly, you and I combined don't have the Midichlorians combined to over power her. However, I find if you ask nicely and put on your best smile, she genrally is quite generous with the IPod. May the Force be with you as you hit mile 20+ this weekend in the Marathon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home