January 07, 2006

Doxology

This afternoon I was driving home from Hitachi Naka, a town about twenty minutes from home. I was alone in the car on the expressway. It was one of those rare occasions when the beauty of creation overwhelmed me. In Japan it sometimes feels like the sky is only a few feet above and could swoop down and touch you at any moment. This was one of those times while driving on a road raised high up over rice fields and farmer’s simple homes. During my drive I could see the half-moon and sun blazing their ways across the sky simultaneously. I saw pink, purple and violet rays from the sun beams playing with the fluffy white clouds lazily floating in the not so distant sky. For just a moment I could get a glimpse of what the glory of creation must have been like before the fall. Maybe my sense of nature was heightened by spending the last two weeks under the dreary, grey skies of China. Whatever it was that made me catch this moment of grandeur in God’s authorship, I couldn’t help but well up with praise beyond words. I searched my mind for the right words to express my thoughts and feelings and just couldn’t find one that did justice the outflow of praise I sought to give the Creator. Two came to mind that brushed the surface of my intended expression. I leave you with one: “From the rising of the sun, to the going down of the same, the name of the Lord shall be praised!” Just wanted to share this glimpse of magnificince and glory with my friends and family. For a while this kind of praise has been a stranger to me. In simpler times I enjoyed this kind of uninhibited adoration more often. In the few older years I have experienced, my life has been a battle to keep that kind of untainted and unrestrained reverence for the Creator and King of all life. Today I got a little of that back and couldn’t help but share. God is good. His works are beyond description. Praise Him for all He has, is, and will do for the good of all who love and seek Him!!!

Rusty

1 Comments:

At 12:07 AM, Blogger NandL said...

Amen!!
You should start carrying around a camera so you can capture stuff like that on film, too!
Or maybe not. It might ruin the experience...
Laura...
http://www.nobuandlaura.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home