February 15, 2007

9 Years Baby!!!

Yes, as of February 13th Rachel and I have kind of sort of been together nine years. Nine years ago to that day, I borrowed my friend Josh Allen's clunker of an old car (perhaps a Ford Tempo) to pick up Rachel at Hall-Roland Hall for some dinner at the Five and Diner in Jackson. I had the Phily cheese steak (I know this not b/c I have a great memory, but b/c that's just what I eat at grease pits if they have them). Since then, we've had a ball.

Highlights since then for me have been:
  • Cooking dinner for Rachel at other friend's homes in undergrad and using butter cups as the floral arrangement b/c the work study check had stretched as far as it possibly could already.
  • Popping the question in a beautiful ball room of the Peabody hotel!
  • Sitting on the beach together in Florida, Thailand, and Japan.
  • Helping orchestrate a beautiful and down right perfect romantic scene to help Damon and Amy get hitched. Just call us Love Doctors.
  • Books on CD during road trips.
  • Eating raw horse and other uncooked yumminess together.
  • Dinner at La Table de Izumi!!!! Oishii so!!!!!
  • Most recently, News Radio and Cosby Show on lunch break. One is just funny, the other just silly, both are pleasant during lunch with m'lady.

Okay, no more sappiness. Just thought I'd share the milestone. 9 years, crazy. Time to get started on the next 9!

3 Comments:

At 7:04 AM, Blogger Mark and Kelly said...

Kiki and Tomas....like peanut butter and jelly. Or curry and rice. Happy 9 years!

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Minako Yasuike said...

Omedeto!!!! 9 years(^o^)
Zannen...I can't try to give my false name at Starbucks here.

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

Congratulations! By the way, Newsradio is the single reason Brad and I both never went to our 1:00 class senior year. The episode with the canes is genius.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home