February 06, 2007

What's Your Name?

As most of you know Rusty and I have been in the States for almost a year now. While in Japan, we often frequented the downtown Starbucks. Every Sunday morning to be exact and sometimes in between. However, since being repatriated we have only visited a handful of times. (Although I have a sneaking suspicion that I have not been informed of some of the trips to Javaland.)
If you are living in the U.S. then you know that when you walk up to the counter and place your order, they proceed to ask your name and write it on your cup. One assumes this is to limit the amount of misgiven beverages. Well, I don't like to give my name to strangers who then yell it to a random crowd of more strangers. And... I don't have to. So Rusty and I decided to take a stand last weekend at a nearby Starbucks. Yes, that's Kiki and Tomas (long "o" and emphasis on the "mas").

2 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger James T Wood said...

So what you're saying is you don't want to be a part of the community. That's fine, you can be individualistic; you can be islands.

Or the next time they ask for your name you can just say: "You tell me." and see how they react. That would be fun.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Justin P. Lewis said...

This cannot be the interesting Starbucks experience.

p.s. It's about time you got your blog on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home